At 70,000-square-feet, the Whole Foods will be the DC area’s largest, and will be just 10,000-square-feet shy of its flagship store in Austin, Texas.
On the whole, The Boro’s massive development is set to include
- Five apartment buildings with up to 2,010 units
- Three office towers with up to 1.9 million square feet
- Retail space of up to 430,000 square feet, including the Whole Foods
- A hotel with up to 640,000 square feet
- Seven parks totaling 4.23 acres
- A 19,000 square-foot public library
Given the development’s proximity to both the Greensboro and Spring Hill Metro stations, Metro officials are no doubt looking forward to the development coming online, as it will assuredly boost ridership at a time when ridership is declining across Virginia as a whole.
A synthetic turf athletic field developed in conjunction with The Boro is set to open this Saturday.