Here’s a close-up of the Herndon Station.
It is is being constructed by Capital Rail Constructors, a joint venture of Clark Construction LLC and Kiewit Infrastructure South Co., as part of of the Silver Line extension to Dulles Airport and Loudoun County.
Herndon Station includes:
- Bus drop-off and pick-up (south side)
- Kiss & ride (existing)
- 5 lockers (south)
- Bike racks (north side and garage)
- Combined new and existing parking garage will house approximately 3,700 cars.
- Shown Above: At the Herndon Metrorail Station south pavilion, commuters will notice the curved, silver roof covering the connection from the pavilion to the existing Herndon-Monroe Parking Garage.
There are many planned new developments and here is a look at two of them.
Woodland Park East development:
- Bordered by Dulles Toll Road and Monroe Street.
- Developed by Tishman Speyer.
- 1/2 mile from the Herndon Metrorail Station.
- 1.6 million square feet of office and residential on 3.15 acres.
- Includes public parks, open spaces and two office towers.
555 Herndon Parkway Development:
- Located at 555 Herndon Parkway.
- Developed by Penzance.
- 300 feet from the Herndon Metrorail Station.
- 325,000 square feet of office space, two residential towers and ground-floor retail on 4.3 acres.
- Includes plans for publicly accessible plaza and multi-modal streetscapes.
Where to park at Herndon Station:
- Parking garage at this station will be operated by Fairfax County Government.
- An existing structure includes:
- Covered parking garage
- Kiss & ride
- Slug lot
- Access to Fairfax Connector bus routes
- This garage contains around 1,750 free parking spaces and is currently closed for maintenance. A new garage has recently been completed by Fairfax County and is now open.
Pictured at top: The Herndon Metrorail Station south pavilion overlooks downtown Reston in the background.
Photo credit: Phil DeLeon