Summer season kicks off with three shows by The Avett Brothers, each night featuring new openers – resulting in three nights and three different concerts
- Chart-topping artists across genres take the stage this summer – Sting, Kacey Musgraves, Jennifer Hudson with the National Symphony Orchestra,and Josh Groban
- Several artists make their Wolf Trap debuts – including rock band Dispatch, Nickelodeon’s JoJo Siwa, rockabilly group Stray Cats celebrating its 40th anniversary, R&B artists Bobby Brown + Bell Biv DeVoe,indie folk band Trampled by Turtles, and the Shanghai Symphony Orchestra
- Iconic artists including Ringo Starr & his All-Starr Band, Mark Knopfler, Sammy Hagar‘s Full Circle Jam Tour, Jackson Browne, and Buddy Guy + Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band appear at the Filene Center
- R&B and jazz artists include Diana Ross, Earth, Wind & Fire, Jazz at Lincoln Center with Wynton Marsalis, and Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals + Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
- Country, folk, and Americana take the stage with Reba McEntire, Sheryl Crow, Tedeschi Trucks Band on its Wheels of Soul Tour, and Lake Street Dive + The Wood Brothers
- Summer dance offerings hit the boards with the return of American Ballet Theatre presenting Swan Lake andLebanon’s legendary Caracalla Dance Theatre with its production of One Thousand and One Nights
- See your favorites from the radio live on stage with Live from Here with Chris Thile and NPR’s quiz show Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!
- National Symphony Orchestra’s (NSO)summer performances at Wolf Trap to feature NSO Music Director Gianandrea Noseda in his Wolf Trap debut, pop artists Sarah McLachlan, “Weird Al” Yankovic, and Jennifer Hudson, hip-hop artist Nas, and family film nights including Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire™ In Concert, Disney in Concert: Coco,and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial In Concert
- Wolf Trap Opera’s summer season features Rossini’s The Barber of Seville at the Filene Center, The World Turned Upside Down – a double bill featuring Gluck’s Merlin’s Islandand Ullmann’s The Emperor of Atlantis, Strauss’ Ariadne auf Naxos, and UNTRAPPED, an initiative that brings opera and classical performances to new spaces and unexpected places. The acclaimed American tenor, Lawrence Brownlee (‘01) serves as 2019 WTO Artist in Residence
Tickets go on sale to the public February 23; Wolf Trap members are buying now
Special promotion on February 23 only:
$10 lawn tickets and $20 rear orchestra tickets for select shows including Gianandrea Noseda with the National Symphony Orchestra, American Ballet Theatre’s Swan Lake, Caracalla Dance Theatre, the Shanghai Symphony Orchestra, and The Barber of Seville
Vienna, Virginia (February 7, 2019) – Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts has announced the first performances of Summer 2019 at the Filene Center at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts. Tickets go on sale to the general public beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday, February 23; Wolf Trap members (donors of $80 and up) have access to presales and are beginning to purchase tickets now. A complete calendar of performances may be found at wolftrap.org/calendar and a press release dedicated to Wolf Trap Opera, Symphony and Dance is here. Ticketing information and links to print-ready photography are below.
As America’s only national park for the performing arts, Wolf Trap is deeply committed to diversity in programming, access points for music lovers of all kinds, and affordability. The 16-week summer season at the 7,028-seat Filene Center is made possible through a public-private partnership between the nonprofit Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts and the National Park Service.
“The DC-area summer experience wouldn’t be complete without concerts at Wolf Trap,” said ArvindManocha, president and CEO of Wolf Trap Foundation. “From enjoying a show under the stars to sharing a picnic with friends and family, no matter your musical taste, an evening at the Filene Center is a chance to easily escape the city, experience nature, and just enjoy great music. We look forward to welcoming patrons back to the Park in May – and stay tuned for more shows announced in March.”
Tickets for all announced performances go on sale to the public on Saturday, February 23 at 10:00 a.m. Opening day specials include $10 lawn and $20 rear orchestra seats for select performances including Gianandrea Noseda with the National Symphony Orchestra, American Ballet Theatre’s Swan Lake, Caracalla Dance Theatre,the Shanghai Symphony Orchestra,andThe Barber of Seville.
Young at Arts, Wolf Trap’s accessibility initiative which offers free youth tickets to select performing arts events, will continue in 2019. A roster of eligible performances will be announced on March 5, 2019.
Additional performances at the Filene Center and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods will be announced in March.
Ticketing and On-Sale Information
- Tickets for these performances go on sale to the public on Saturday, February 23 at 10 a.m.
- Pricing varies by performance and seat location, and are subject to change. See individual performance listings online or the calendar below for prices.
- Wolf Trap members have access to exclusive presales and may purchase tickets in advance of the general public. Memberships, which are tax-deductible, start at $80. For more information, visit wolftrap.org/membership.
- Special promotion offered on February 23 only with $10 lawn tickets and $20 rear orchestra tickets for select performances including Gianandrea Noseda with the National Symphony Orchestra, American Ballet Theatre’s Swan Lake, Caracalla Dance Theatre, the Shanghai Symphony Orchestra and The Barber of Seville
On February 23 and 24, tickets may be purchased:
- Online at wolftrap.org
- By phone at 877.WOLFTRAP
- In-person at the Filene Center Box Office, 1551 Trap Road, Vienna, VA
- After February 24, tickets may be purchased:
- In-person at The Barns at Wolf Trap Box Office, 1635 Trap Road, Vienna, VA
Wolf Trap’s 2019 season is made possible by generous support from the following
Wolf Trap Foundation Official Sponsors and Partners:
Dan and Gayle D’Aniello, Wolf Trap 2019 Season Underwriters
The PNC Foundation, Premier Sponsor, 2019 Summer Season
The Boeing Company, Major Sponsor, Boeing Salutes Series
American Airlines, Official Airline
Hilton, Official Hotel
Steinway, Official Pianos
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, produces and presents a full range of performance and education programs in the greater Washington area, as well as nationally. Wolf Trap features three performance venues: the outdoor Filene Center and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, both located at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, and The Barns at Wolf Trap, located down the road from the national park and adjacent to the Center for Education at Wolf Trap. The 7,028-seat Filene Center is operated in partnership with the National Park Service and annually showcases an extensive array of diverse artists, ranging from pop, country, folk, and blues to classical music, dance, and theatre, as well as multimedia presentations, from May through September. The Barns at Wolf Trap is operated by the Wolf Trap Foundation year round, and during the summer months is home to the Grammy-nominated Wolf Trap Opera, one of America’s outstanding resident ensemble programs for young opera singers. Wolf Trap’s education programs include the nationally acclaimed Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, a diverse array of arts education classes, grants, and a nationally recognized internship program.