Colour Bar Studio is now open at their new location in The Boro Tysons and they can’t wait to have you back in their chairs! While Covid-19 presents a unique challenge to the beauty industry, Tania Saldaña, and her team are perfectly poised to meet the demands of this moment with tenacity and grace. Colour Bar Studio is taking every precaution to protect both its staff and its guests.
To keep all guests safe and maintain exceptional customer experience, Colour Bar Studio has created these guidelines that are in compliance with the state of Virginia’s Guidelines for Personal Care and Grooming businesses. These guidelines will be strictly enforced. Before you reach out, please make sure you carefully read the COVID-19 guidelines below as they will be strictly enforcing the following:
- A MASK MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES (nothing that ties around the back of the head)
- Please do not enter the suite until they have greeted you with a temperature check.
- Head straight to the restroom to wash your hands upon entering salon.
- Sign waiver
Please note: CHANGING ROOMS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED. Smocks will be worn over your clothes.
*Blow-dries will be implemented again starting June 30, 2020
Gratuity is welcome and appreciated by all the professional staff providing services for you during your visit with us. Cash or check is preferred. *Please note, we are going cash-less within the business- so we will not have cash on hand to provide change. Effective Monday June 8th we will have a system in place for electronic tips for some stylists.
Colour Bar Studio Guidelines:
- As required by the state of Virginia, proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required by all parties during servicing and at all times while inside the Colour Bar Studio suite. Guests will be required to bring their own masks in order to receive services in the studio. They recommend wearing a disposable one that hooks around the ears, due to possible damage by hair color or cutting shears. If you do not have a mask, masks will be available for sale at the studio.
- Guests temperature will be checked with a non-contact temperature scanner before entering the suite. Please wait to be greeted by the elevators before entering.
- Guests are required to wash their hands for 20 seconds upon entering the suite, after checking in. If you choose to wear gloves they will ask you to wash your hands and put on a fresh pair afterwards.
- You will be required to sign a consent form before any services are performed.
- Magazines have temporarily been removed. Clients are encouraged to bring their own reading material.
- The serving of beverages will be temporarily stopped. Clients are encouraged to bring their own beverages in a covered glassless container/ bottle.
- Clients must arrive to their appointment alone, (unless they are accompanying a minor, or a guest with medical needs) who is getting their hair done. No children, friends, significant others, siblings, nor any other visitors will be allowed to accompany clients receiving services during their appointments.
- As stated in the Best Practices section of the Forward Virginia Guidelines, and in efforts to keep the studio a healthy place, Colour Bar Studio has temporarily eliminated blow-dry services until June 30, 2020. This does not affect the service prices since blow-dries have always been complimentary.
- Employees wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after each service is performed, and, when gloves are worn, change gloves after each client’s service.
- Staff performs thorough cleaning and disinfection of frequently contacted surfaces every 60 minutes (or more when necessary); cleaning and disinfecting all personal care and personal grooming tools is done after every use.
- As always, towels and capes are washed after each client.
- Hand sanitizers are provided throughout the salon.
- Colour Bar Studio has made the necessary adjustments to the space such as rearranging the furniture to maintain social distancing, adding sneeze guards between stations and front desk.
- If you have recently been in contact with someone who may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home. If you are sick, or have an above normal temperature, you will be asked to return after 14 days of your scheduled appointment.
- CREDIT CARD NUMBERS ARE REQUIRED TO HOLD ALL APPOINTMENTS.
Any guest later than 10 minutes will be charged 50% of their service and asked to reschedule for the next available appointment.
A 48 hour notice is required for all cancellations. A $100 fee will automatically be charged for any missed appointments without a proper notice. A valid credit card must be provided at the time of booking.
For an express contact-less checkout experience, the card on file will be used to pay for services and or products after completion of your service.
- Because we will be seeing our guests after 2+ months, using extra color, and implementing safer sanitary needs for your visits, a one time COVID-19 fee will be added to all services
$5 for all haircut appointments (both men and women)
$35 for all first time chemical services
- Appointment reminders are sent upon booking, and confirmations are sent 7 days, 3 days, and 2 hours prior to your appointment.
- Services are provided by appointment only, reserved by phone call.
- Pre-booking is encouraged. Guests will be allowed to pre-book up to two appointments only.
Colour Bar appreciates your compassion and understanding as they navigate through these times, and continue to evolve and make changes together.
1640 Boro Pl
McLean, VA 22012